Pre-Insulated Pipes for Domestic Cold Water Distribution
Efficiency Meets Chill: Pre-Insulated Pipes for Domestic Cold-Water
Precision Pipes for Superior Cold-Water Systems
Cold-Water Efficiency, Engineered Right
Potable water supply system
The Uponor Ecoflex Supra PLUS pipe with an anti-freeze cable ensures frost-proof transport of potable water even at the lowest temperatures. It has been designed with a control unit, sensor and relevant electrical parts.
It makes good sense to use this product if the pipeline is installed in conditions lacking weather protection, i.e. above ground or in shallow burial situations.
Benefits of Using Pre-Insulated Pipes
There are a number of benefits to using pre-insulated pipes, including:
- Protection from freezing: Pre-insulated pipes are designed to withstand freezing temperatures, so you can rest assured that your water supply will be protected even in the harshest winter conditions.
- Energy efficiency: Pre-insulated pipes help to keep your water hot or cold, which can save you money on your energy bills.
- Durability: Pre-insulated pipes are made with high-quality materials and construction, so you can be sure that they will last for years to come.
- Ease of installation: Pre-insulated pipes are easy to install, even for DIYers.
If you're looking for a way to protect your water supply from freezing, save money on your energy bills, and extend the lifespan of your pipes, then pre-insulated pipes are the perfect solution.
The Ecoflex Supra was successfully used in a project involving multi-family homes in Germany.
How to Choose the Right Pre-Insulated Pipes for Your Home
When choosing pre-insulated pipes for your home, there are a few factors you need to consider, including:
- The climate in your area: If you live in a cold climate, you'll need cold water pipe insulation to ensure they withstand freezing temperatures.
- The type of water you have: If you have hard water, you'll need pipes that are made from materials that are resistant to corrosion.
- The size of your home: The size of your home will determine the amount of pipe you need.
Once you've considered these factors, you can determine if you need Uponor Ecoflex Supra or Ecoflex Supra Plus for pre-insulated pipes.
In December of 2022, many homes were left without water after frozen pipes lead to leaking and burst pipes. Using our system will ensure there are no nasty surprises come winter.
Ultimate system for cold drinking water
- Cold drinking water supply
- PE medium pipe can be connected with compression and electro fusion fittings
- Focusing on reduced installation costs
Pre-insulated cold water pipe system with freeze protection
- Cold tap water supply
- Heated water pipe where plumbing is susceptible to freezing
- One family homes, farms and cottages in sparsely populated areas
- Pipes can even be laid out in the snow
- The available PE80 or PE100 flow pipes can be connected with approved compression and electrofusion fittings
Uponor Ecoflex Supra and Ecoflex Supra Plus in a nutshell
- Maximum electrical connection length with one supply of 150 m
- Water remains fresh and cold in all conditions
- The medium pipes of Uponor Ecoflex Supra can be connected by electro-fusion fittings or plastic screw fittings
- Fittings must be approved for PE 80 and PE 100