Centru de agrement, Poiana Brasov, Romania
Centru de agrement
With this in mind, the Centru de Agrement was developed on behalf of Braşov City Council. The new centre includes facilities for a wide range of activities, thereby enhancing the region’s attractiveness to locals and tourists.
Uponor was tasked with providing a cooling distribution network for this premium quality public building.Important considerations for the indoor environment included:
- Providing a comfortable indoor climate for a variety of leisure activities and rooms: a miniature golf hall, 250 m2 climbing gym, bowling, pool tables, electronic games, simulators, and many others
- Installing a flexible, efficient cooling system that maintains cold water at all times and in all conditions
- Ensuring safe, reliable and robust spaces within the building
Uponor Ecoflex pre-insulated pipes were chosen as the optimal solution for the transport of chilled water throughout the cooling network. Ecoflex pipes offer many advantages:
- They are low-weight and highly flexible
- They can be installed easily and quickly, even around obstacles and corners
- There is no condensation when transporting chilled water
To maximise safety and minimise obstructions in the different rooms of the Centru de Agrement, the cooling system and the fan coil are mounted between a false ceiling and the floor. This offers an additional benefit: it ensures cooling while eliminating unpleasant draughts of air.
The excellent quality and long service life of Uponor Ecoflex is further enhanced by the outstanding technical support that Uponor provides.