Seocho House, Seoul, Korea (Republic of)
Seocho house is a 534.98m2 light wooden house (1 underground and 2 stories) located in Seocho-dong, Seocho-gu, Seoul. This is a low-energy house with thermal insulation and airtightness of passive house level and with solar and geothermal energy systems as an active elements. Uponor underfloor heating and cooling system has been adopted in this project, in which pipes are embedded in the floor screed and the floors are used as radiant surfaces.
Datos del proyecto
Participación de Uponor
The architect of Seocho house designed it as an eco-friendly house with wooden structure and diatomaceous earth materials, and also using solar power and geothermal system as the active elements of power supply. The highlight of the project is that underfloor heating and cooling system integrated with geothermal system ensures comfort and healthy indoor environment.
Co-existence of open and closed spaces
The land area of Seocho house is about 400m2 in a long rectangular shape. The south east side is the two-storey house, and the single-storey house is located in the north west side and the north east side. The house was placed on the southeast side in consideration of the convenience of entering from the road, sunshine, view, and natural ventilation.
On the south western side of the house, the architect planned a ramp and gate from basement where with a parking lot and a fitness room to access each floor through stairs, and each floor has a door for security and privacy. The first floor is an open structure, with a living room and a kitchen-dining room close to the front door, and a walk-in closet inside a bathroom.
On the second floor are 2 rooms for owner’s son and daughter, also with a living room and a kitchen-dining room in front of the staircase. The veranda in front of the living room on the second floor is a space where owner can enjoy the outdoor atmosphere without stepping on the yard.
Seocho house has been focused on the construction of high insulation, high confidentiality and eco-friendly materials usage as this will be the house for the owner, his sons and his future grandchildren. The design theme of the house is clean and simple, and using wood and diatomaceous earth as interior materials to create warm color tone. Utilizing raw materials such as woods and diatomaceous earth can also prevent allergy and perform moisture control.
Energy Smart Home - SYSTEM FLOW
1. Geothermal heat pump system
- Energy savings of up to 37% over air heat sources
- One unit of equipment enables both cooling and heating
- No defrosting required during heating
- Reduce gas usage by preheating with hot water
2. Solar system
- The Grid-connected system allows to receive stable power supply from city power system when solar electricity cannot be produced on cloudy days or at night and to sell the remaining electricity to utility companies when the generated electricity is more than enough.
- Saving an average of 286 kWh per month
3. Dehumidifying ventilation unit
- Resolution of the ventilation problem in passive house
- Heat exchanging indoor and outdoor air during summer ventilation, dehumidifying function simultaneously with energy recovery
- Decrease in energy consumption through heat exchange between outside and exhaust air when ventilating in summer.
- Indoor air quality can be maintained by program operation
4. Hot water
- During the winter season, the water passes through the hot water tank for the geothermal heat pump first to pre-heat water to 30 ~ 40 ℃ and the boiler operates only the necessary hot water temperature.
- During summertime, water passes through the Geothermal Heat Pump Condenser Heat exchanger's auxiliary tank, and sent to the boiler after preheating.
5. Underfloor heating and cooling system
- Radiant heating and cooling system works directly on the human body and provides the same comfort when it is cooled by 1 ~ 2 ℃ lower (when heating) or higher (when cooling) compared with existing convection system.
- Reduce energy consumption and operating cost by more than 12% compared to existing air conditioning system
6. Integrated control system
- Integrated operation of the heat source (geothermal heat pump, boiler) inside the building and the heating / cooling (floor radiating / heating, dehumidification ventilation unit) into one system
- Connected to the thermostat of each room and communicated with it,
- Checking and controlling the room temperature and light condition from outside the Internet
Información del proyecto
Información del proyecto
Design Dae-Hyun Architects Office
Construction Poongsan Wood Home
Cooling and heating system Uponor Korea
Vivienda en las ciudades gemelas
Arquetipo de casa sostenible
Vivienda en el condado de Putnam
Casa pequeña de lujo
Changjia Residential Villa in Kunshan (Suzhou), China
Sheshan yard Shanghai
Radon renovation – a one day job
Hot tap water delivered energy efficiently
Uponor's brand-new technology for a wavelike log house
Sustainable tourism requires action
Underfloor heating for single family home with Comfort E
Heating of House Beauty is controlled by Uponor Smatrix Pulse control system
At the housing fairs of Kouvola, in summer 2019, was presented House Beauty which has the modern control system Uponor Smatrix Pulse for radiant underfloor heating and cooling system.
Testing Underfloor Cooling in record high heat wave
Uponor's radiant underfloor heating and cooling system was installed in a new single family house. During the record high heat wave, the system was in real action.
Getting rid of indoor radon
Kapanen's dream home is a fine place to live
A pilot project that still works like a dream
The biological treatment plant is worth its price
Increased living comfort thanks to underfloor cooling in a single-family house in Oulu
The plumbing renovation of a single-family house was completed in less than two days
Renovation of the district heating piping system of six housing companies
Jugendstil Villa in Leipzig
Green Land in Amman, Jordan
Feng Shui home
Cottage in Tuscany
Requalification of suburban areas with energy efficient residential buildings
Uponor Self-attaching Panel for a country cottage in Tuscany
Spectacular living in a luxury townhouse
Uponor Pre-insulated pipe system in link-attached houses in Fittja, Stockholm
Uponor Ecoflex Thermo VIP installed in a summer house
Lower heat losses with pre-insulated pipes laid in LECA at Lillhamra, Sweden
Aberdeen City Council
Balliol College, Jowett Walk.
Blackmill Doors Windmill
Branksome Care Home
Dervus Modular Volumetric Systems
Changzhou Tian'an Villa is located in Wujin District of Changzhou City.
A gray water filter provides operational reliability and ecology for Lake Ruuhijärvi
At the end of autumn 2013, Uponor's new product, Uponor Gray Water Filter Home, was installed in Ruuhijärvi, Nastola.
The plumbing in order in a single day
The 30 years old copper plumbing of the house were replaced with a Uponor composite system. The renovation was over in one day. The contractor for the job was LVI-Dalton Ltd from Klaukkala, Finland.