Technology for the journey to the top
The Grand Tower in Frankfurt, which is now the tallest residential complex in Germany, was completed in June 2020. Inside the building, Uponor has implemented one of the largest contracts in the company’s history. More than 400 apartments and penthouses in the building are fitted with Uponor heat interface units (HIU). The main reason for awarding the contract was the high demands placed on the heating and cooling supply of the luxury homes. Thus, the solutions developed specifically for the project ensure optimum individual temperature comfort for residents as well as the clear separation of the primary and secondary networks in the building. The compact units were supplied as a complete package with ready-wired control technology, accelerating work procedures on-site.
In addition, around 300,000 metres of Uponor Comfort Pipe are used for underfloor heating and cooling in the residential high-rise.
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Multi family homes
- 41 to 300 m² per apartment
- 42 floors
- Completion: 2020
- Heat and cold distribution: more than 400 Uponor heat interface units | Underfloor heating: 300,000 metres Uponor Comfort Pipe 16 x 1.8 millimetres
Grand Tower Frankfurt Germany
Look up the impressive living ideas of the highest residential tower in Germany.
In total there are 5 pictures in this gallery
Architect: Magnus Kaminiarz & Cie. Architektur, Frankfurt am Main
Building automation planning: ventury GmbH, Dresden
Building Services: Fachbetrieb Mathias GmbH, Waltershausen
The Grand Tower won the following awards:
- European Property Award for its architectural language, quality, innovation and sustainability
- iF Design Award, Iconic Award and German design Award for the image book of the Grand Tower