Energy efficient radiant underfloor cooling systems
Radiant ceiling cooling system are a sustainable and economical way to cool buildingsUnderfloor cooling systems are mainly found in buildings with large open areas and high floor-to-ceiling height as well as corridors and external areas. Underfloor cooling systems utilizes the concretes or screed’s thermal mass by embedding polyethylene cross-linked pipes (PE-Xa) carrying chilled water to cool the building’s structure. The embedded pipes activate the concrete or screed to temporary store and discharge thermal loads. This way, activated floors contribute primarily to the sensible cooling of the building by removing convective, conductive, short and long wave radiation cooling loads.
The major benefits are its impact at the vertical temperature profile by providing cooling only in the occupied areas - where its need the most. Direct solar gains on the floor are removed by utilizing the precooled thermal mass of the concrete in the most efficient way.
Further efficiency gains are achieved by using renewable energy sources. Architects and building owners value these ‘invisible’ solutions (also in the form of wall or ceiling cooling). They allow maximum freedom to design creative and spacious interiors. Energy-efficient systems from Uponor are suitable for new builds as well as renovation projects.
And installers are counting on proven quality of the products combined with quick installation as well as possibility to easy retrofit thanks to low system height.
Radiant cooling - Most effective and energy efficient way
- Invisible, energy-efficient solution resulting in buildings with excellent thermal comfort
- Radiant cooling enables the use of high temperature chilled water with efficient EER
- Ensures comfortable temperatures at any time of the year
- Reduces air exchange up to minimum hygienic fresh air ventilation rate
- Energy savings due to lower fan power consumption higher chilled water temperature
Benefits of underfloor cooling
- For base cooling loads
- Solar load absorption
- Ideally for buildings with large areas, glass facades and high floor to ceiling height
- For new commercial & industrial projects
Select Uponor underfloor cooling system to suit your individual requirements
Underfloor cooling systems in residential and commercial buildings are often the first choice. And since the requirements for the design and function of an underfloor cooling can differ very much, Uponor offers tailor-made solutions not only for new buildings, but also for renovation.
All products for underfloor cooling systems
This is how you benefit from Uponor solutions for underfloor cooling
- Reduced operating cost
- Excellent thermal comfort
- Individual look with any floor covering
- Customised complete systems for each application
- Quick and easy installation, even in old buildings
- Easy to retrofit thanks to low structure height of underfloor cooling
- More freedom for your spatial planning
- Environmentally friendly cooling
- Fast, cost-effective installation
- Complete solutions from a single supplier
- Extensive range of services
- Customised systems for new builds and refurbishment projects
- Running costs reduced by up to 40%
- Advantages for green building accreditation
- Adding value to property
- Optimum use of energy sources (e.g. also district cooling)
Discover more in our brochure
Uponor cooling systems