The products you choose make a difference
Protect your business
At Uponor, we not only adhere to rigorous internal testing and standards, but we are also certified by NSF International. This means our ProPEX® fittings, PEX-a pipe, PP-RCT pipe and fittings, TotalFit™ push-to-connect fittings, and all other products are trusted and reliable. Many generic PEX-a products and expansion fittings may look similar, but there are many important differences.
Ask for Uponor
There is a big difference between claiming you are compliant to a standard and having a third party certify and hold you to that standard. We are confident in backing our system with a 25-year warranty.
Uponor product undergoes rigorous testing to meet requirements that extend beyond industry standards. In fact, many generic F1960 fittings have failed Uponor quality checks due to dimensions issues, flash, and residual stress that leads to system failures.
Order a free ProPEX sticker
We'd love to send you a free 3" ProPEX fitting sticker. Just enter your address below and it's on the way!
Issues with generic F1960 fittings
Using generic fittings can come with considerable risks.
- A random sampling of generic F1960 EP fittings revealed many problems, including some with reduced internal diameters (up to 50%) which restricts flow and limits system performance.
- The Uponor 25-year system warranty applies to systems using Uponor PEX-a pipe and Uponor ProPEX fittings. Many generic F1960 fittings have limited warranties — some as little as one year. Using these lower-quality fittings can end up costing a lot more in the long run if or when they fail.
- Uponor tests its products beyond industry standards to ensure the highest quality. Watch this video which shows an Uponor system holding strong with up to 3,000 foot-pounds of force.
Issues with generic PEX-a pipe
Uponor PEX-a is extremely flexible and is designed to be easily repaired in place if it should experience a kink. Testing on generic PEX-a pipe revealed concerning results, including:
- Bulging when heated for kink repairs
- Kinking or slipping when used with metal bend supports
- Kinking during 180-degree bend tests
See why these industry influencers ask for Uponor products to install on their projects.