Certificates: UEFA category 4 certificate.
Location: Ąžuolynas park, Žaliakalnis, Perkūno alley, Kaunas city, Lithuania.
Uponor solutions: Snow and ice melting system Uponor Meltaway
Darius and Girėnas state stadium was first opened in 1925 and underwent its first major renovation in 1998 when it was upgraded to UEFA regulations of the time. Later on, in 2005 it underwent a major modernization – the biggest television screen in all of the Baltic countries was installed. The latest renovation started in 2018 and is scheduled to be completed in 2022.
Benefits of lawn heating:
- Heated field can be used all year-‘round – season starts earlier and ends later than on regular stadiums.
- Protection against ground frostbite – reducing the number of injuries sustained during matches – accident prevention.
- Fallen snow is melted almost immediately and moisture does not remain on the lawn.
- Positive effect on the lawn (when operated correctly).
Main data of the system installed:
- Field length – 105 m
- Width – 68 m
- Whole area –7500 m2
- Heated area – 7140 m2
- 25 cm pitch in the pipe contours
- Contours are combined using the Tichelmann principle
- HDPE d200 mm pipes up to Meltaway manifolds
- Heat carrier with glycol – 40%. Its parameters – 40/30℃