Uponor Infra delivered fire water tanks for newly built shopping center Galeria Netun in Starogard Gdański
Storm water system for Special Economic Zone, Wrocław, Poland
Storm water system for SEZ Wroclaw - Kobierzyce
Special Economic Zone Wrocław - Kobierzyce was established mainly to create investment opportunities for "LG" Korean group. It is the largest investment in Central Europe since 1998. The production activities in the zone were started among others by: LG Philips LCD, LG Electronics, HEESUNG Electronics, TOSHIBA and many others.
"It was a very short-term project covering an area of 260 hectares, so it was incredibly big task" said Professor Cezary Madryas, Dean of the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the Wrocław University of Technology. Macro-leveling of the site began in Aril 2006 and in November all the network of underground utilities, street lighting and some halls were handed.
Although the original design of storm water system was realized in concrete technology, a decision was made to change the material to PEHD Weholite systems made by Uponor Infra, due to the following advantages:
- Light weight of pipes and manholes and simple installation
- Transport to the construction site in accordance with the schedule
- Quick delivery of atypical system elements
- Excellent joints guaranteeing leaktightness of the whole system
- Extra ordinary resistance to abrasion
- High quality of Uponor Infra systems
- Uponor Infra technical consultation at each stage of the project
Thanks to the above advantages the whole storm water system, over 7 km long, with very large pipe diameters (up to dn 1800 mm) was completed in a record time of 4 months only!
The investment was awarded in 2007 in the “industrial facility” category in a competition for Lower Silesian Construction Project of the Year.
SKANSKA S.A. Wrocław Branch
Agencja Rozwoju Przemysłu Wrocław Branch