Sewage retention canal
Retention canal ensures effective storm water management
The efficient way to solve the hydraulic overload problem is an innovative retention sewage canal developed by the scientists of the Rzeszów University of Technology in cooperation with the engineers of Uponor Infra.Observations of storm water flow prove that even during extremely intense precipitation sewers are not entirely filled and there is a certain reserve of the hydraulic capacity. The solution uses this capacity to retain waste storm water. It is retained in sewage canals with adequately calculated and expanded inner cubic capacity provided for the periodical storage of the sewage.
Advantages of retention canal
- Use of free capacity of canals to store waste water
- Reduction of retention facilities' construction costs
- Maintenance-free and automatic operation
- Use of available types of pipes as chambers of the retention sewage canal
- Possibility to expand the system by additional elements under subsequent projects
- PEHD technology makes it light (easy to install), durable, flexible, resistant to impacts, resistant to abrasion, corrosion and chemical agents
- Sewage canal elements are connected by the extrusion welding method which ensures inseparability of joints and 100% leak tightness
Renovation canal - innovative solution
Principle of operation
This solution is unique in that the internal space of the canal is divided into chambers by means of baffles installed above the sewer bottom to form flow-through openings. In every case, the spacing of the baffles and the size of the flow-through openings in the baffles are tailored to the individual circumstances. The retention sewage canal simultaneously performs two functions in the sewage system: a hydraulic one, related to the transport of a specific amount of sewage, and a retentive one which makes it possible to collect a periodical excess of incoming waste storm water from the catchment area.
Range of applications
The use of retention sewage canal solves a number of problems related to the discharge of storm water from urbanized areas, especially in a situation when there is no possibility of local storm water management and infiltration. The use of retention sewage canal is particularly justified in cases of:
- joining existing sewerage network of the new catchment and the introduction of new amount of sewage
- preventing hydraulic overload of existing networks and sewage facilities
- regulating the outflow of waste water into surface water.
Retention sewage canal in TVP programm
TVP Rzeszów "Innowacyjne Podkarpackie" presents sewage retention canal made of Weholite pipes. The first implementation of this project took place at the turn of 2014 and 2015 in the "Krakowska Południe" residental estate in Rzeszów.
More information on retention sewage canal
Product catalogue 2023
Product catalogue PL, ENG, RUS version
Support for customised solutions
Do you need a tailor made product, or a turnkey solutions on a global scale? We offer full support within: design & calculations, tailor made products, field services, technical support and project management.